See the Register-Guard Story: http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35461214-75/once-a-haven-for-illicit-activity-charnel-mulligan-park-reclaimed-for-childs-play.html.csp
Jefferson Westside Neighbors Summer Picnic Potluck and Charnel-Mulligan Park Grand Opening Celebration
Join us on June 15 5-8pm for BBQ, music, and an official ribbon cutting with Mayor Lucy Vinis.
Charnel Mulligan Park Oversight Committee
The purpose of this committee is to work with the City of Eugene to strategize positive, fun, and successful ways of re-engaging neighbors with the newly renovated park. The three primary foci are:
- event planning
- park adoption efforts (maintenance work parties)
- park watch activities.
The City of Eugene, Eugene Police, and JWN leadership agree that the future success of this park depends upon a committed partnership with neighbors. Please join us!
The draft mission statement for the Charnel Mulligan Park Oversight Committee:
To partner with the City of Eugene, the Eugene Police Dept., and other relevant entities to promote safe and welcoming activities and events in Charnel Mulligan Park; to organize periodic work parties; and to encourage and support Park Watch and other park monitoring and policing activities.
- Tom Happy (JWN Board Representative)
- Jeff Lake (member of JWN Neighborhood Matching Grant and Events Committees)
- Eva Happy (JWN Board Intern)
- Berry Broadbent (JWN 2017 Nominating Committee)
- Nils Stark (co-owner Cornucopia Restaurant)
- Vanessa Young, City of Eugene Parks and Open Space Volunteer Coordinator
- Steve Kenny, Associate Pastor, New Hope Christian Church
If you want to get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org